Friday, December 1, 2006

Maio


Please, '''title your messages''' with the wiki code:


:

: Your message title


Use the four dashes '''''before''''' the message's subject to separate message threads.



Archives:


http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=User_talk:Maio&oldid=2748814



'''http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=User_talk:Maio&action=edit§ion=new'''

Remember to Nextel ringtones Sign your posts on talk pages/sign your message by using four tildes ( ~~~~ ).

''Last cleanup: Abbey Diaz Maio/Maio 17:23, Mar 13, 2004 ''



Re: everyking

thanks for the advice. Free ringtones Kingturtle/Kingturtle 03:04, 3 Mar 2004



Athens

I certainly agree that a picture of the Agora would be better at the start of the Majo Mills History of Athens article. But the "Parthenon lobby" is too strong and I don't feel like having a new round of arguments with them. I have some good photos of the Agora which I can give you, and you can try using them if you want. Mosquito ringtone Adam Carr/Adam 01:49, 4 Mar 2004

Sabrina Martins image:ac.agora.jpg/thumb/center/agora of athens
Nextel ringtones image:ac.agora2.jpg/thumb/center/agora of athens 2
Abbey Diaz image:ac.agora3.jpg/thumb/center/agora of athens 3



photos by me. use as you wish. Free ringtones Adam Carr/Adam 03:52, 4 Mar 2004



Agreed. You are a perfectionist:)

Thank you for your collabration on my talk page. Majo Mills KIZU/KIZU 14:15, 7 Mar 2004



To do and Wikipedia Interests pages

Are you sure that you want your To do and Wikipedia Interests pages to be deleted? If not, please remove the delete messages from them. Nice user page layout by the way. Cingular Ringtones Dori/Dori / unmissable photo User talk:Dori/Talk 04:37, Mar 8, 2004

:OK, I've deleted them. site roving Dori/Dori / chance bouvet User talk:Dori/Talk 04:45, Mar 8, 2004



Image box

I removed my entry as it's just a bug. Maybe I'll replace it with overwhelming amount Image:Oreo bite.jpg/60px/Oreos Oreos. :) some chutzpah Angela/Angelaclooney where user talk:Angela/. 16:55, Mar 8, 2004



Re: changing usernames

Is the name you want to change to the real name given on your user page? If so, I'll do it right away. If not, you have to consider what level of privacy you want. The only way to be completely safe is to create a new account and give no indication they are related. But if you think it will be sufficient to just rename the account, then send me an email. You also have to think about what you want to do with the existing talk page signatures you've created. You could have them redirecting to the new name, or you could go through and change them all, or you could just have them pointing to a cryptic stub page. death had Tim Starling/Tim Starling 23:43, Mar 8, 2004

: Just use the "email this user" feature. popular notions Tim Starling/Tim Starling 00:47, Mar 9, 2004



Re: of hesitant Sarah McLachlan

Ah well. It's in the history. :) (I tend to agree, actually.) - deliver specific Hephaestos/Hephaestos/economics particularly User talk:Hephaestos/§ 04:13, 10 Mar 2004



Re: viewer obliquely UPRM

Nice to see that they ''did'' reply, even if it took them quite some time! the estrogen Lupo/Lupo 08:04, 11 Mar 2004



Asteroids

Maio, I noticed that you moved big foote 4769 Castalia to setting their Asteroid 4769 Castalia, and I'm wondering why, as "4769 Castalia" is the proper astronomical name and the "number Name" convention is in widespread use in Wikipedia for asteroids (see courtside where WikiProject Astronomical Objects, vacation causing List of asteroids in our Solar System and alloy of 1 Ceres, the dividends 2 Pallas, bomb india 4 Vesta, etc.) Could you move it back to the correct name, please? Seth Ilys/Seth Ilys 15:27, 11 Mar 2004

:I fail to see the item at Naming conventions that supports your moves. Can you direct me to the relevant item? Thanks. Seth Ilys/Seth Ilys 15:50, 11 Mar 2004

::Clarity is all well and good, but your moves run contrary to the titles of dozens of other articles on asteroids and Messier objects. The naming conventions should be taken up collectively at WikiProject Astronomical Objects, not moved individually and unilaterally. I've requested that they be moved back to the correct astronomical titles. Seth Ilys/Seth Ilys 16:00, 11 Mar 2004



Arecibo Observatory

Hi, just wanted to let you know that the table you edited in the Arecibo Observatory page is part of the WikiProject Telescopes. You made the text smaller presumeably so it would look better. I like the idea and will change the standard to how you did it. Feel free to contribute to that WikiProject and its talk page. Thanks! Zandperl/zandperl 23:54, 11 Mar 2004

There's a list of observatories and timeline of artificial satellites and space probes; perhaps a list of radio telescopes should be within list of observatories, or else have links between them. The wikiproject on telescopes has some listed, you could start by grabbing those since the list of obsrvatories seems to be mostly optical. I don't actually know of the Goldstone obsy, but I'll see what I can drag up. :) Zandperl/zandperl 00:19, 12 Mar 2004
:Oh, and check out this page [http://www.astrosurf.com/skylink/radio/obs_rad.html] to help you start on a list of radio telescopes. Zandperl/zandperl 00:36, 12 Mar 2004



"minor" corrections

Another thing (sorry to bombard you with messages), you've been marking all your edits as Minor edit/"minor" edits. It's general convention on Wikipedia that if even one word is changed to a different word, that we don't mark it as minor. Minor is reserved for when we fix spelling or punctuation, not the actual content. Some people hide minor edits in their watchlists, so they won't see that you've made changes even if they really are big ones. You can fix this by manually checking OFF the "This is a minor edit" checkbox located above the "Save page" each time you edit a page, or you can change your Preferences/preferences in the right-hand column where it says "Mark all edits minor by default" and uncheck that box. Zandperl/zandperl 01:12, 12 Mar 2004



Goldstone

Maio, please explain your move of Goldstone, California to Goldstone, San Bernadino County. It flaunts all conventions we have on naming of towns, so far as I can tell... Seth Ilys/Seth Ilys 03:54, 12 Mar 2004

:Mea culpa. I misread the page history, and I imposed our previous dispute on top of this one. My apologies. Seth Ilys/Seth Ilys 04:04, 12 Mar 2004



Radio Telescopes

Two things:
#I disagree with moving Nançay Radio Telescope to ...Decimetric... On the personal side, I am a user of the telescope, and both I and my colleagues refer to it as NRT, not NDRT. I've also got statistics to back me up: if you do a search for articles using the Astrophysics Data System, "Nancay" returns 467 entries, "Nancay radio telescope" returns 180, "Nancay decimetric radio telescope" returns only 13. ADS contains all peer-reviewed astronomy journal publications. http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abstract_service.html, enter in the keywords at the bottom of the first screen.
#I'm checking out FCRAOchanged the page name already.
What's your interest in radio telescopes?
Zandperl/zandperl 03:04, 13 Mar 2004

Dude, nobody understand all the articles on ADS. Those're supposed to be the best astronomy research out there today, not user-friendly stuff. And scientists wonder why kids're afraid of science and college students are dropping out of physics in droves... I personally think it's a horrible shame that most scientists don't care whether the public understands them. I'm gonna get a job in education, not science, and that's also why I'm here on the 'pedia. :)

My point in sending you there wasn't to overwhelm you or anything, I wanted to show that although the official Nancay people call it the NDRT, the users (French and international) usually call it the NRT. (lazy bums!) I'd certainly say keep NDRT as a redirectit'd be silly to not have the official name as an article! I also created redirects with the "C" in Nancay as Americans type it.

Zandperl/zandperl 03:43, 13 Mar 2004



McDonald Observatory

I'm glad you added a page for it, but are you sure about the info being in the public domain? I used to create web pages when I worked for UT. The info on UT sites is not automatically in the public domain, unless it specifically says so (like with the UT library images, for example). Best wishes, and good work. :) Decumanus/Decumanus 07:34, 13 Mar 2004

:Well I'm not at all convinced by your reasoning. The law in Texas may be quite different than in Puerto Rico. I think the University and the various departments are perfectly capable of holding copyright. But knock yourself out. It's up to you. Decumanus/Decumanus 16:40, 13 Mar 2004

Madrid 11

Thanks from Spain for your edits at the Madrid 11 (and for the work with the infobox, which is not trivial). It is, as you imagine, quite important for us in Spain. Pfortuny/Pfortuny 17:50, 13 Mar 2004

:Wow, impressive! Pfortuny/Pfortuny 18:11, 13 Mar 2004

Astrononical objects: a possible compromise?

Maio... I just had an idea r.e. our astronomical objects article-naming dispute. What about putting articles at M13 (globular cluster) or Mz3 (planetary nebula), as if they were disambiguations... That way their proper name comes first (as I prefer), but what they are is clear in the title (as you seem to prefer). That might offer a resonable compromise between our two positions until the WikiProject comes up with general conventions. What do you think? Seth Ilys/Seth Ilys 02:02, 14 Mar 2004

:Well, it was worth a shot. They're great articles, anyhow. :) Seth Ilys/Seth Ilys 02:14, 14 Mar 2004

11-M photos

Maio: Of course I wouldn't delete the photos, and I'm a bit offended that you would assume that I might (I even said that I wouldn't contest them at User:Adam Carr/Adam Carr's talk page). I was merely seeking clarity as far as their source; we have established procedures for dealing with images and the need for deletion, and I would of course adhere to those. Thanks for adding the copyright information to the image pages.

BTW, as regards your suggestion for naming astronomical objects: I'd actually prefer that when there's an informal name in common usage such as "Ant Nebula," that the article just be placed there (just like we have Andromeda at "Andromeda Galaxy" rather than "M31"). Seth Ilys/Seth Ilys 15:23, 14 Mar 2004

Southern African Large Telescope

The Southern African Large Telescope [http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/03/15/safrica.telescopes.reut/index.html] could use a page too.

Regarding the "most distant object" or "10th planet" or whatever Sedna (astronomical object) is being billed as now, I'm afraid I've heard too many of these to get hyped up about another one. :-P Jaded me...

Zandperl/zandperl 23:05, 15 Mar 2004


Astronomical objects

Hi. Please stop moving those pages around. No-one wants an article title like Sedna, Trans-Neptunian object 2003 VB12; it's as silly as Microsoft, United States software company. Please keep it at Sedna (astronomical object). I would be especially grateful if you would move everything else you've moved back to their original title. Thank you. — Timwi/Timwi 14:47, 16 Mar 2004

Your nickname

It's probably not a good idea to call yourself Michael when you label your postings. User:Michael is a banned user and we don't want you to be confused with him.

Sorry I don't think I've seen your postings before, have you been here a while? If so, welcome, and I apologize for not having welcomed you earlier. RickK/RickK / User talk:RickK/Talk 01:56, 17 Mar 2004

Images for deletion

Hi, I changed the messages on some of your images from speedy deletion to images for deletion (msg:ifd) because even though they will likely be deleted, they have to go through that channel. Dori/Dori / User talk:Dori/Talk 16:16, Mar 19, 2004

FCRAO

I was thinking of putting on the infobox on the Five College Radio Astronomy Observatory, when I realized I didn't know if I should use the observatory, or telescope box, or some combination of the two. What's your thought? See WikiProject Telescopes. Zandperl/zandperl 16:22, 21 Mar 2004

Patent issues with the King James Bible at Wikisource
Hi Michael, sorry for the delay in replying to your question. I don't participate in Wikisource any more, so all I know of the issue is what was said on the mailing list. The three relevant posts were http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikipedia-l/2004-March/014805.html],, and http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikipedia-l/2004-March/014813.html]. if you need to ask more about it. Angela/Angelauser talk:Angela/. 16:20, Mar 23, 2004


-
Replied to you on my talk page :) Tarquin/Tarquin 16:43, 25 Mar 2004
-
Thanks, buddy!!
Hey Maio:
Thanks for the great photo at Rafael Hernandez Airport!!. I loved the photo because it showed that BQN is not a small air-strip but an airport with some jet action. As far as Walter Mercado/Walter the weirdo, but famous astrologer, dont worry about his photo, User:Arpingstone/Arp took care of it. I had asked him about two weeks ago, he was on vacation but he returned the same night I asked you and he put it there. I hope youre not offended that I asked him first.

Once again, thank you and God bless you!

Sincerely yours,
your friend,
''User:AntonioMartin/Antonio Chainsaw Cutter Martin''

Credit to Maio
Dear Maio:
Credit where credit is due! So a great cheeer (and thank you) for you for putting the latest photos I sent. And goodbye says this wrongly gone poet who's gone cuckoo!

Sincerely yours,
''User:AntonioMartin/Antonio Unpolished Poet Martin''

Thanks for feedback

Its good to know others interested in Force Recon!

I'll leave the credits in. You deserve credit for being the first guy to take some time and compile an article.

I'll get around to thumbnailing the photos, but I think it looks nice embedded (though, like you said, 56k users wouldn't think so).

Your're right about the technical terms. Maybe I'll had a acronym 'glossary' section.

Please, feel free to make changes as you like.

Prusik knot accuracy problem?

I note that you added the factual accuracy dispute header to the article Prusik knot, but I can't see any discussion at all of what the dispute might be over. Do you know what the problem with this article is, or where I might find out? Bryan Derksen/Bryan 03:56, 13 Jul 2004

Do you really want your user page to be deleted?

If so, please explain why. Grunt/GrunUser talk:Grunt/t European Union/ 15:00, 2004 Sep 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home